I always change my make up looks whenever the seasons change, basically because it’s good fun and because I love trying new and different things! Here I have shown how you can take a daytime wintery look and transform it into a dramatic evening one in a simple way, as there are so many Christmas parties this season and the easier and quicker it is to get ready, the better!
- So first of all I start off by using Makeup Revolution Pro Fixing Spray on my face which I have prepped with moisturiser.
- I also added on my cheeks and forehead Next Face Illuminator as it really makes my skin glow!
- I then applied Bourjois Gel Foundation in the shade 52 all over my face and applied Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in the shade 1 (fair) where needed.
- I used Maybelline Master Brow Kit on my eyebrows.
- For my eyes, I used the gorgeous MUA Rhapsody Eyeshadow Palette and then added a touch of my Poundland Smoke Screen Eyeshadow in the crease and under my eyes. Obviously this eyeshadow is so ridiculously cheap but it’s really good quality!
- To complete my eye makeup, I then used the Maybelline Waterproof Lash Sensational Mascara which is incredible! I don’t even need to curl my lashes when I use it, so I highly recommend you try it if you haven’t already!
- I used the I Heart Makeup Triple Baked Blusher in a heart shape around my face to contour and the pink shade of my Sleek Solstice Highlighting Palette on the tops of my cheeks, down the centre of my nose and on my brow bone. The highlight gives a really lovely shimmer for daytime and evening.
- To finish off my daytime look, I used my Next chubby lip stick in soft rose, this is a pretty pink shade which is so moisturising and pigmented. And then to add a little bit of sparkle, some Stila Lipgloss in Moonstone.
To amp up my daytime look to take it through to the evening it only takes 3 easy steps!
- Firstly I added some sparkle to my eyes by using my Chanel Illusion D’Ombre Eyeshadow in Fantasme
- And then to really define them I lined my eyes and waterline with Soap and Glory Smoulder Kohl in Super Black. I really suffer with watery eyes and this eye liner doesn’t smudge one bit!
- Finally all I did was change my lipstick to this MaxFactor Colour Elixir Lipstick in Bewitching Coral. I think this has a bit more of an impact for the evening and these have to be some of my favourite lipsticks ever, they are so easy to apply, they’re super pigmented and not drying at all which is so important when you get dry lips like me!
So that’s it! It’s so easy to transition from daytime to evening and I hope it’s inspired you to try it next time you go to a Winter party!