I love experimenting with new make up looks, so when I saw the campaign for Chanel’s Spring / Summer Make Up range, I was so inspired! It’s really refreshing to see bright colours after what seems to be the longest winter, so I created my own version of Chanel’s look which is wearable for day to day.
I haven’t worn a colour like this on my eyes for such a long time, I used to experiment a lot when I was younger but this eyeshadow from KIKO is really wearable. It’s from their new Artist limited edition line and I found it easiest to apply with my finger. You can use it for a subtle wash of colour or build it up to make a strong statement. To shape my eyes I lined them with a brown liner as I felt black would take away from the green and covered my lashes in black mascara.
I also used another product from KIKO on my lips; it’s a really bright pink shade which I thought complimented the green on my eyes. Chanel used a lot of blusher on their models which looks amazing in print but probably a bit mad in ‘real life’! So I did use a pink blush but toned it down.
It was fun to try something new and I’m definitely going to experiment with other colours on my eyes in the near future. Would you wear any of this? What other colours do you recommend?
Happy Easter! What’s Easter without lots of yummy food?! I really wanted to make some cupcakes to share with family and friends this weekend and I could go on about how much effort went into measuring ingredients etc… but really, I just used a cupcake packet mix!! I know it’s technically cheating but when you haven’t got a massive amount of time or you’ve got limited mobility like I have, this is the easiest thing to do and you still get to enjoy decorating them!
I used a vanilla sponge mix and the packet included vanilla buttercream icing mix, all you need extra is one egg, 60ml of milk and 60g of butter. Then onto the fun part of decorating them! I used a flake broken up to create a nest and then added some mini eggs on top! It’s so simple but I think they look really effective!
It’s a great thing to do this bank holiday on your own or with children as I’m sure they’d love decorating them and getting messy!
So this past weekend I went on my Hen Do organised by my amazing family and friends! I had the most brilliant time having lots of fun and silliness and I thought I’d give you a sneak peak into what we got up to!
We stayed in the incredible Penblaith Barn in Herefordshire which was fully accessible with a bedroom and wet room downstairs. It had room to sleep all 18 of us, with 3 living rooms, dining room, 2 kitchens and a hot tub! I would massively recommend this to anyone wanting to go somewhere with a large group for a weekend away, it might be a bit out in the sticks but there are lots of towns a short drive away and the views were fantastic!
We had afternoon tea at Glewstone Court which was delicious and I even got a free glass of champagne!
On the Saturday evening we had a cocktail class and all I’ll say is that they were very nice…!! It was really fun to learn how to make Mojito’s and Cosmo’s!
And finally this was my amazing cake made by my friend’s Mum. As I’m obsessed with Beauty and the Beast, this was perfect!!
I’m so lucky and grateful for how much thought went into everything, I had an awesome weekend!
Spring is finally on it’s way and this is a perfect transitional outfit. I’m not quite ready to get rid of my boots yet, to be honest I love boots all year round even with little dresses in summertime, so I still wanted to wear them. These grey leggings make a nice change from black and are the perfect base for this gorgeous peach swing jumper. It’s such a pretty colour and would work so well with lots of skin tones. You can’t tell in the photos but it’s super soft and really comfortable.
I accessorised this look with some 70s style touches; this hat is great and I feel so stylish when I’m wearing it! The sunglasses are a nice oversized shape with a khaki tint to them and this bag finishes off the outfit, the colours in it I love and it looks so much more expensive than it was!
Top – River Island
Leggings – New Look
Boots – Primark
Bag – River Island (Sold out online but check local stores)
Necklace – New Look
Sunglasses – River Island
Hat – Marks & Spencer
If you’re anything like me you love to find out which apps people use, for photo editing and social media. I have listed below my 10 most used iPhone apps which I love. So if you haven’t got them already, get downloading!
- Instagram – Needs no explanation! It’s one of the best ways of expressing yourself whether you’re a blogger or not, in the most unique and interesting ways. Click Here to take a look at my profile!
- Facebook – Where would I be without my daily dose to keep me occupied when I’m bored?!!
- Youtube – I have to confess I’m addicted! I love watching youtuber’s videos on beauty and fashion for inspiration. It’s also interesting to watch vlogs as you get to see another side of youtuber’s lives and the reality and normality away from the static lens. One day I would love to make videos, but I’m just not confident enough yet!
- Snapchat – This is a great way to attempt to vlog on a small scale. It’s fun playing with all the filters and another social media outlet to get your name heard.
- Twitter – As before, a fantastic tool in building up your blog reputation, a good way to see what brands are up too with new releases and of course, to catch up on all the worlds gossip 😉
- VSCO – This is the app I use the most to edit my photographs, the filters are amazing and it’s really simple to use. If you’d like to find out the process I go through to edit my Instagram photos then please let me know!
- AfterLight – I use this to get the white border around my photographs.
- Facetune – A great way to lighten the background of your images by using the whiten tool. I don’t normally use any of the other filters in photos, but if you’re looking for an app to make your skin smooth and flawless in photographs, then this is the one for you!
- ASOS – I literally couldn’t live without this app in my life! Sad I know! It’s so easy to navigate and they have the most brilliant collection of fashion and beauty brands you would ever need! All at one click of a very dangerous button..!
- Zara – Another app which contains beautiful clothes and accessories that just have to be purchased!
So there we go, my top 10 most used iPhone apps at the moment. What are your favourite? Are there any I should check out? Please let me know if you want a blog post on how I edit my Instagram pics!
I know it’s been a couple of week since the Oscar’s but I loved Jennifer Lawrence’s all Dior make up look she had on the red carpet and I wanted to create my own look inspired by hers. Obviously I don’t have the luxury of using all Dior makeup, so I used some of my favourite every day products which are more affordable!
What really stood out is how dewy her skin looks and because I have dry skin, I tend to use products that give me the same glow. I used an illuminating primer underneath my foundation to help get this effect with the added use of highlight and blush.
I used my Urban Decay Gwen Stefani Eye palette for my eyeshadow and I picked the same brown/copper tones as Jennifer Lawrence. Her eye look was quite simple and she used black eye liner to define her eyes so that when she looked forward you could only see a hint of the copper over her lids.
To finish off her look, Jennifer Lawrence had a pretty peachy lip and I used my Max Factor Bewitching Coral lipstick which I featured in my review of the collection and topped off with a Tanya Burr lip gloss to really help get the highlight that she had in the middle of her lip.
Are there any other celebrity make up looks you’d like me to feature on my blog? If you want more details about any of the products that I’ve used then comment below.
As I mentioned in one of my previous posts, I love a good bomber jacket! So when I saw this shiny number I had to get it. I’d had my eye on it ever since the press day for Spring/Summer 2016 last year and it hasn’t disappointed. It’s such a lovely texture and is so comfortable to wear.
I also couldn’t wait to blog these gorgeous 70s style sunglasses! They are rose gold with a pink graduation lens and I love how much they stand out. I complemented the bomber jacket with grey’s and denim. This denim is a great colour for Spring (not that it feel’s like spring at all outside!) and it goes perfectly with this bow collar which brings the outfit together. I never wear jeans as they are too hard to get on, so I always choose jeggings which make life a lot easier but have the same effect.
Bomber Jacket – New Look
Grey T-shirt – Old Topshop
Denim Leggings – Old H&M (alternatives here)
Trainers – Old Zara
Bow Collar – River Island
Sunglasses – Asos