So halloween is round the corner and I thought I’d show you a few fun snacks I have created which you can make for a party or just for a treat! I’ve separated them into two posts, so there will be two ideas today and two more coming your way on Wednesday!
As you know, I’m disabled so I can guarantee that none of these ideas are majorly difficult and they’re easy to do, even with kids but they still look amazing!
Blood Splatter Chocolates
I’ve started off with some really simple but effective ‘blood splatter’ chocolates. All you have to do is;
- Melt however much white chocolate you want, I used one small bar and it made 7
- Use small cupcake cases and pour a small amount into each one
- Sprinkle red food colouring all over them in a random way to look like blood
- Pop in the fridge for a couple of hours until they are set and then peel away the cases
- So simple!!!
Another really quick and simple idea and these are soooo yummy!
- You will need white large marshmallows and smarties or an equivalent
- Draw ‘veins’ on to the marshmallows, make the lines quite wiggly and not straight, using a cocktail stick and red food colouring
- I melted a small amount of white chocolate to glue the marshmallows and smarties together
- Add a spot of black piping icing in the middle of the smarties to create the complete eye ball effect
Like I said, I’m not one for difficult bakes with lots of ingredients! I think these are quick and easy ideas that I hope will inspire you to make some of your own! Keep your eye out for two more ideas coming on Wednesday.