So here’s part 2 of my halloween treat series, I hope you enjoy these ideas as much as you did the last two!
Rice Krispie Pumpkins
Ok so I have to admit, these are probably the most fiddly out of all of the treats I’m showing you! But if you’ve got a bit of patience and persistence, they will look and taste great!
- Cheekily I used a rice krispie recipe off of the internet because it’s such a simple recipe! It basically involves rice krispies, butter and marshmallows
- Add orange food colouring to make them as orange as you want them to be
- Separate the mixture into several sandwich bags, you can make smaller and larger pumpkins, so add as much mixture into each bag for the size that you want
- Mould the mixture in the bag into a round shape
- Add a fudge sweet into the top for a stalk (you could also use black liquorice)
- Tie up each food bag tightly and pop them in the fridge for a couple of hours so they set into a ball shape
How cute are these! Are they too cute to eat though… Of course not 😉
- Separate each half of 4 oreos and slice them into halves again. I did this by using a table knife in a slicing motion slowly so that they don’t crack! You should then end up with 16 ‘wings’
- Melt two bars of milk chocolate in the microwave (roughly 30 seconds but do it 10 seconds at a time and stir until melted)
- Fill small cupcake cases with the melted chocolate, this mixture made 8
- Before the chocolate has set, push two wings into each cupcake case at the top and two small white marshmallows at the bottom
- Add a dot of black piping icing onto the marshmallows for the eyes
- Put them in the fridge for a couple of hours
- Once the chocolate has set, remove the cupcake cases carefully so you don’t break the wings
Let me know if you decide to make any of these ideas and tag me on instagram so I can see them!