Just a quick post today to say Merry Christmas! I hope you’re having a wonderful day and remember to make the most of spending any time with family and friends that you can, it’s not just about what you get!
See you on Wednesday for a New Years Eve Makeup Look and I’ll be using Kylie Jenner’s holiday collection that I showed you last week! Make sure you’re following me by signing up with your email address and my blog posts will come straight to you.
As you probably know, Kylie Jenner’s latest release has been her holiday collection and I managed to pick up a couple of the new pieces including the new Kyshadow palette and the mini matte liquid lipstick set.
I love the jewel tones of the eyeshadows in this palette and most of them are very pigmented; from the swatches my favourites have to be the shimmers as they are buttery smooth, some of the matte shades felt a bit chalky. It’s so hard to photograph these due to the metallic packaging and my photos really don’t do it justice! It also has a mirror which is the first for her Kyshadow palettes.
Swatches from L-R: Sugar Cookie, Frosty, Chestnut, Mittens, Winter, Nutcracker, Gingerbread, Evergreen, Silent Night
The mini matte liquid lipsticks are small…! Smaller than I thought but a perfect handbag/ travel size. They look incredible and the size actually would make them much easier to apply for me than other liquid lipsticks. Four of the shades are from the permanent collection and two are exclusive releases which are Angel and Vixen. From the swatches you can see that Vixen seems to be quite patchy so it’ll be interesting to see what it looks like on the lips.
Swatches from L-R: Moon, Ginger, Angel, Love Bite, Kristen and Vixen.
I’m going to be doing a New Years Eve makeup look using some of these products next week and I will be able to give you my thoughts on how they work.
I can’t believe as I’m writing this, that this time next week it will be Christmas Day! Where on earth is the time going?!
This was such a different look for me to try, but I found this skirt which is so glittery in the best rainbow way (annoyingly hard to see in the photographs) and I wanted to style it up! Pastels in winter work so well and I thought this would be quite a fun day to evening look by adding in this sequin handbag.
Obviously you could team this skirt with bare legs but frankly it’s too cold and I hate my legs, so I opted for tights instead! I’m just going to call it granny chic 😉
Jumper – Primark
Skirt – Primark
Tights – Primark
Boots – New Look
Bag – Primark
Christmas Rings – H&M
So here’s part 2 of my halloween treat series, I hope you enjoy these ideas as much as you did the last two!
Rice Krispie Pumpkins
Ok so I have to admit, these are probably the most fiddly out of all of the treats I’m showing you! But if you’ve got a bit of patience and persistence, they will look and taste great!
- Cheekily I used a rice krispie recipe off of the internet because it’s such a simple recipe! It basically involves rice krispies, butter and marshmallows
- Add orange food colouring to make them as orange as you want them to be
- Separate the mixture into several sandwich bags, you can make smaller and larger pumpkins, so add as much mixture into each bag for the size that you want
- Mould the mixture in the bag into a round shape
- Add a fudge sweet into the top for a stalk (you could also use black liquorice)
- Tie up each food bag tightly and pop them in the fridge for a couple of hours so they set into a ball shape
How cute are these! Are they too cute to eat though… Of course not 😉
- Separate each half of 4 oreos and slice them into halves again. I did this by using a table knife in a slicing motion slowly so that they don’t crack! You should then end up with 16 ‘wings’
- Melt two bars of milk chocolate in the microwave (roughly 30 seconds but do it 10 seconds at a time and stir until melted)
- Fill small cupcake cases with the melted chocolate, this mixture made 8
- Before the chocolate has set, push two wings into each cupcake case at the top and two small white marshmallows at the bottom
- Add a dot of black piping icing onto the marshmallows for the eyes
- Put them in the fridge for a couple of hours
- Once the chocolate has set, remove the cupcake cases carefully so you don’t break the wings
Let me know if you decide to make any of these ideas and tag me on instagram so I can see them!
Instagram – Fashionbellee
So halloween is round the corner and I thought I’d show you a few fun snacks I have created which you can make for a party or just for a treat! I’ve separated them into two posts, so there will be two ideas today and two more coming your way on Wednesday!
As you know, I’m disabled so I can guarantee that none of these ideas are majorly difficult and they’re easy to do, even with kids but they still look amazing!
Blood Splatter Chocolates
I’ve started off with some really simple but effective ‘blood splatter’ chocolates. All you have to do is;
- Melt however much white chocolate you want, I used one small bar and it made 7
- Use small cupcake cases and pour a small amount into each one
- Sprinkle red food colouring all over them in a random way to look like blood
- Pop in the fridge for a couple of hours until they are set and then peel away the cases
- So simple!!!
Another really quick and simple idea and these are soooo yummy!
- You will need white large marshmallows and smarties or an equivalent
- Draw ‘veins’ on to the marshmallows, make the lines quite wiggly and not straight, using a cocktail stick and red food colouring
- I melted a small amount of white chocolate to glue the marshmallows and smarties together
- Add a spot of black piping icing in the middle of the smarties to create the complete eye ball effect
Like I said, I’m not one for difficult bakes with lots of ingredients! I think these are quick and easy ideas that I hope will inspire you to make some of your own! Keep your eye out for two more ideas coming on Wednesday.